Thursday, September 2, 2010

Happy Birthday! Eating Around DC Turns One

Wow. I cannot believe a year has passed since I started this blog. Almost 130 posts and 7 Food Field Trips later, this project has taught me:
  1. How much I eat out. I only blog about half of my restaurant dining experience since I also have to work full-time to fund this endeavor.  But if someone would like to pay me to do this, please do let me know!
  2. That cupcakes are by far the most popular--and controversial--food topic in DC right now.  When Eating Around DC broke the news on cupcake bouncers, this site saw some 3,000 hits in a single day.
  3. How much I truly enjoy writing about food and turning people on--although in some cases, off--to unique food finds and experiences.
Eating Around DC is promising to be a rambunctious toddler in the coming year, with a reservation I was able to score (after three days of persistent calling) at French Laundry for October and a site redesign (once I master this blogger application), which will hopefully result in more user-friendly eating guides for both DC and Food Field Trip locations.

Thanks for reading! And please keep the comments, suggestions, recommendations, and feedback coming:


  1. Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary! Amazing how time flies, right? Great meeting you last night and can't wait for another year of Eating Around DC!

  2. Happy Birthday, love you blog!

  3. Love reading your blog. Congrats! Wish you many many posts to come :)