Thursday, October 1, 2009

Z Pizza -- More than your money's worth!

So yes, I have lived here for over four years now, and have not ordered a pizza for three and a half. Anyone familiar with DC knows Italian American food is not its strong suit. And while the Italian store has excellent pizzas, they don't deliver. So I had all but given up on pizza delivery due to the cardboard flavor, soggy crusts, and cheap tasteless cheese.

But then time got away from B & I one night and we needed a quick dinner delivered, because we were admittedly being lazy. Friends had suggested Z Pizza (http://www.zpizza.com/), a CA based chain, and we decided to try one more time to find a decent pizza.

I was immediately intrigued by the ease of ordering online and the option of a whole wheat crust -- not bad. It being a California-based pizza chain (with no pretense of authenticity), we opted for the American -- Organic tomato sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers, red onions. We ordered online and were told about an hour.

A half hour later there is a knock a the door and the most attractive pizza man I have ever seen is standing there with our pizza. I got a bit flustered and had to have B sign the order slip. It was such a surreal experience, attractive, model-like tall, dark, and handsome white guy -- seriously when does that happen?! The breathy tone in which he emoted for us to "please, do enjoy your pizza" made me feel like I was in the type of movie that isn't shown at AMC ; ). Don't worry; this is a PG blog-- the story ends here.

The pizza itself was good -- not great, but definitely worth the $22 including delivery and tip. The crust had a good texture, crisp yet chewy and the toppings were plentiful. I would definitely order again and cross my fingers for the same pizza delivery man.

3 comments:

  1. OK so I'm dying to know which location you ordered from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arlington -- but haven't tried since so I cannot promise the same results : )!

    ReplyDelete