Sunday, October 4, 2009

Paris Preview

We leave for Paris this Saturday (and then head onto Burgundy and Lyon) so this blog will be on hiatus during a week filled with wine, fois gras, escargot, cassoulet, among other delights. I am very excited!

Last Saturday we were treated to a delicious preview of what is no doubt in store by our foodie friends who are also the best cooks and most gracious hosts. They wowed us with an onion, olive, caper, and anchovy tart, french onion soup oozing with gruyere, pork loin with green peppercorn sauce, and a beautiful plum tart. I was too busy eating, drinking, and talking to take pictures (sorry!), but needless to say it definitely made me very excited for that type of rich, earthy food!

One day to go. I promise a full food field trip report when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment